Biography of Elizabeth Hibbs
Inspiring articles and tips on art, artists, framing and life!
Residence: Edmonton, Alberta since 1963
Place of Birth: Moose Jaw, SK
Five years of study at the University of Alberta Extension Branch starting with Drawing and progressing through Design, Pen and Ink, Oil Painting, Life Drawing, Watercolour and finally Print Making. Instructors were Ihor Dmytruk, Alfred Schmidt, Harry Savage, Gisela Felsberg and Barbara Hartman.
Workshops with Gisela Felsberg, Don Sharpe, Jerry Heine, Harold D. Olsen of Salt Lake City, Timmothy Clark of Los Angeles, Brian Atyeo of
Ontario, Brent Heighton, FCA of Vancouver, Joyce Kamakura FCA of Vancouver, Charlie Spratt of Ontario, and Arleta Pech of Denver Colorado
Currently studying under Eileen Raucher Sutton who has her Bachelor and Master degrees in Fine Art from City University of New York City.
Watercolor – Florals, Still-life
- 1995 Solo Show, Strathcona Centre, Edmonton
- Group shows with Society of Western Canadian Artists since 1994
- Group shows with Edmonton Art Club since 1993
- 1993 Member & Treasurer of the Edmonton Art Club
- 1994 Member of the Society of Western Canadian Artists
- 1997-1999 President, Society of Western Canadian Artists
- 1998 Juried to Associate Artist Status in SWCA
- 2003 Juried to Senior Artist Status in SWCA
Awards & Honours
- 1996 Golden Brush Award for best picture in show (EAC)
- 1997 Honorable Mention in juried group show at City Hall (EAC)
- 1998 Recipient of Card/Alling Scholarship from the Edmonton Art Club
- 1999 Honorable Mention in juried group show at City Hall (EAC)
- 2000, 2001 & 2003 Honorable Mention in juried group show at City Hall
- 2004 Golden Brush Award for best picture in show – Edmonton Art Club