Constantly evolving, Andrew’s style seems to change each year. His pallet is never the same but his style is always recognizable. His paintings are set apart from other artists through his incredible use of light. People marvel at his ability to showcase rocks under a flowing stream, the warmth depicted in the rays of light through the trees, and the delicate blades of grass lining a never ending path. With such talent Andrew is able to transfer his vision of the landscape to a blank canvas applying more color and expression than seen by the naked eye.
Andrew considers himself extremely fortunate to be able to thrive in the constantly changing art world. Never changing his realistic style or subject material over the years has shown how dedicated he is to his work and his love of landscape. Preservation of our world and the beauty that surrounds us is what this artist wants to convey with every brushstroke. To be able to evoke one’s memory of a hike, family camping trip, or special place visited is the vision that Andrew has with his work. He hopes each painting will be a window to our precious world and a reminder that we should never take it for granted. The opportunity he has been given to make a living and convey an important message at the same time is what drives him to the next canvas. This is what makes his work unique and has enabled him to stand the test of time.
AWARDS AND CREDENTIALS of ANDREW KISS
- 2011 Best of Show – Western Showcase, Calgary Stampede
- 2010 People’s Choice – Sylvan Lake Art Exhibition
- 2007 Best of Show – Western Art Auction, Calgary Stampede
- 2006 Best of Show – Western Art Auction, Calgary Stampede
- 2005 Best of Show – Western Showcase, Calgary Stampede
- 2005 Collectors’ Choice Award – Western Art Auction, Calgary Stampede
- 2005 Chocolate Lily Book Award for Wild Babies
- 2004 Collectors’ Choice Award – Western Art Auction, Calgary Stampede
- 2004 Best of Show Booth – Calgary Western Showcase
- 2004 “Cool Woods” winner of Skipping Stones Honor Award
- 2003 3 prints for DU in the National portfolio.
- 2003 “A mountain Alphabet” – Official best selling children’s book in Canada
- 2002 Peoples’ Choice Award – Best original – Calgary Art Essential Show
- 2002 Selected from 100 artists – “Best of Show” at Spokane Western Art Show
- 2002 “Long Way Home” BCWF Master Artist print
- 2002 “On The Wing” Ducks Unlimited Canada Artist of the Year (1st. ever 2 time winner)
- 2001 “Soft Landing” Ducks Unlimited Canada Stamp and Print
- 2001 “Early Frost” Ducks Unlimited Canada Print Program
- 2001 “Thrill of the Catch” BCWF Master Artist
- 2000 “Alert” – BCWF Master Artist
- 1999 Winner of People’s Choice Award, Art Essential Wildlife Show, Calgary
- 1999 Saskatchewan Conservation Stamp1999- Featured in
- “The Best of Wildlife Art no.2, North Light Books
- 1999 Family Gathering” – BCWF Master Artist
- 1999 “Next Generation” – BCWF Life Membership Print
- 1998 “King of the Hill” – Finalist – Canadian Collectible of the Year Award
- 1998 “Spring Thaw” – first runner up – Wildlife Habitat Canada
- 1998 “Morning Challenge” selected for Ducks Unlimited National Print Program
- 1998 Prince Edward Island Conservation Stamp
- 1997 Featured in “The Best of Wildlife Art”, North Light Books
- 1997 One Man Exhibit, Switzerland
- 1997 Featured Artist, Artist Direct Exhibit, Calgary, Alberta
- 1997 Featured Artist, Pacific Rim Wildlife Art Show
- 1996 Selected for Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum “Birds in Art”
- 1996 1997 BC Wildlife Federation Master Artist
- 1995 Top 100 Artists, Art for the Parks, Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
- 1995 Special Guest Artist, Pacific Rim Wildlife Art Show, Tacoma, Washington.
- 1995 2nd Runner Up for Best of Show, Southeastern Wildlife Expo, Charleston, SC
- 1994 – 1995 BC Wildlife Federation Master Artist
- 1994 People’s Choice Award, Vancouver International Wildlife Art Show.
- 1994 Ducks Unlimited Artist of the Year – Canada
- 1993 Canada Summer Games Official Artist