Inquire about this artwork
In the summer of 1972, A-4 Skyhawks and A-6 Intruders complete an Alpha Strike, laying MK 2 and DST Destructor mines in the approach to Haiphong Harbor, North Vietnam. U.S. Navy aircraft launched from several carriers in the Northern Gulf of Tonkin laid thousand of mines in the harbor during this period.
The international shipping at Haiphong were unloading tons of munitions which were going down the Ho Chi Min Trail to be used against U.S. Forces in the south. These mining strikes put an effective stop to such enemy activity.
- Liutenant Commander Fred Ferrazzano USN
- Commander Bob Arnold USN
- Commander T.R. Swartz USN
Available in the Following Editions:
- Studio Edtion, with artist signature only
- Limited Edition, with 3 signatures
- Artists Proof, with 3 signatures
- Remarque, with 3 signatures