Limited time. Art show continues
More info call 780-467-3038
ARTIST: Larisa Cheladyn
RESIDES: Edmonton, Alberta
- 2017 – 2018 – currently enrolled in PhD program – MLCS Media & Cultural Studies
- 2016 – Master of Arts – Ukrainian Folklore – University of Alberta
- 1981 – BFA – Art & Design – University of Alberta
- 1976 – Strathcona Composite High School – Edmonton, AB
2015 – Slavic and East European Studies 75 Anniversary MA Scholarship
2015 – Gregory & Julie Patrick Award in Ukrainian Culture
2015 – Kawulych Ukrainian Folklore Graduate Award
2014/15 2015/16 Kuryliw Scholarship
2010 – University of Alberta – Alumni Honours Award
2005 – Global Woman of Vision Award
2002 – City of Edmonton Salute to Excellence Arts Achievement Award
- 2016 – Winter Term – UAlberta – MLCS 204 – Forms of Folklore – Special Topic “Ukrainian Canadian Embroidery – Folk Art or Fine Art?”
- 2012, 2013, 2015 – UAlberta – MLCS 204 – Forms of Folklore – Special Topic “Visual Art & Folklore”
- 1996 – Guest Lecturer – Inaugural BFA Design class – University of Los Andes – Merida, Venezuela
SECONDARY & ELEMENTARY SCHOOL ARTIST IN RESIDENCY
- 2017 – A.L Horton School – Vegreville, AB
- 2013 – Present University of Alberta USchool Program
- 2013 – Collaboration with aboriginal storyteller/author – David Bouchard
- 1998 – Present – Artist in Residence
Edmonton Public Schools – Regular, Ukrainian, and Aboriginal Programs
Edmonton Catholic Schools – Ukrainian Program
Norquest College – Guest Instructor ESL Program
- 2003-04 – Saskatoon Ukrainian Bilingual Program – Guest Artist in Residence
- 2003-05 – Winnipeg Ukrainian Bilingual Program – Guest Artist in Residence
PAPERS/PRESENTATIONS/GUEST LECTURES AND TOURS
- “Creating a Sense of Place One Stitch at a Time: The role of embroidered pillows in the Ukrainian
- Canadian community” – Transcending Connections 2018, MLCS Graduate Student Conference, University of Alberta (February, 2017).
- “Images of Faith, Hope, and Beauty”, Presentation and Tour, Enterprise Square: Kule Folkore Centre (January 2018).
- “Past Imperfect – The Ukrainian Canadian Experience” Guest Lecture and Tour, Art Gallery of Alberta: ACUA (Aug/Sept 2017).
- “Five Waves of Inspiration” Guest Lecture and Tours, Edmonton: Art Gallery of Alberta (May 2017).
- “Creating a Sense of Place One Stitch at a Time: The role of embroidered pillows in the Ukrainian – Canadian community” – Heritages of Migration: Moving Stories, Objects and Home. University of Birmingham, UK, Ironbridge Institute Conference – Buenos Aires, Argentina (April 2017).
- “The Arts and Cultural Identity” – Conference Presentation – Ukrainian Canadian Congress Triennial Conference, Regina, SK (Nov 2016).
- “Ukrainian Canadian Embroidery – Folk Art or Fine Art?” – UAlberta Guest Lecture MLCS 204 (Oct 2016)
- “History of Ukrainian Embroidery in Alberta” – Guest Speaker, Costume Society of America – Western Region Conference. Edmonton, AB (July 2016).
- “Pillow Talk” – Vegreville Pysanka Society – Vegreville, AB (July 2016).
- “Embroidered Memories” – Guest Speaker, UAlberta Dept. of Finance – Conference (Nov 2015).
- “Collecting Embroidery” – Reflecting on Summer Fieldwork & Research” – Keynote Speaker, Ukrainian Self Reliance League Luncheon. Edmonton, AB (Oct 2015).
- “ACUA – 35th Anniversary Keynote Address” – Edmonton, AB (Sept 2015).
- “Embroidered Memories: The Ukrainian-Canadian Embroidered Pillow” – Student Poster Presentations, Human Ecology, University of Alberta (Apr 2015).
- “Collecting Memories: The Ukrainian Canadian Embroidered Pillow” – Guest Speaker, Alberta Pioneer Association, AGM, Edmonton, AB (Apr 2015).
- “History of the Rusalka Ukrainian Dancers in Calgary”- Keynote Speaker, Friends of the Ukrainian Folklore Centre, AGM, Edmonton, AB (Aug 2014).
- “Prince Philip Opened My Exhibition” – Kiev Konnection 2012 – Keynote Speaker – Ukrainian Foundation for College Education – McEwan University, (May 2012)
- “Interpreting the Works of Leonard Cohen” – Guest Lecturer – International Leonard Cohen Festival, Edmonton, AB (July 2008)
- “Celebrating Women: Honouring the Pride Passion and Perseverance of Canadian Women” – Guest Lecture Tour. Sponsored by the National Council of Women of Canada (NCWC). Presentations in: Victoria, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Ottawa, Montreal (2004/05).
- “Flowers of the Bible” – Guest Lecture Tour. Sponsored by the Ukrainian Canadian Women’s Association of Canada. Presentations in: Vancouver, Victoria, Kelowna, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Regina, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal (1999/2000).
PUBLISHED BOOKS AND PAPERS (AUTHORED)
- Cheladyn, Larisa Sembaliuk, Baba’s Coat, Edmonton: UCAMA (Pending publication – Nov 2018).
- Cheladyn, Larisa Sembaliuk, (2017) Five Waves of Inspiration, ACUA: Edmonton.
- Cheladyn, Larisa Sembaliuk (Pending publication) “Creating a Sense of Place One Stitch at a Time: The role of embroidered pillows in the Ukrainian Canadian community”, paper presented to Heritages of Migration: Moving Stories, Objects and Home Conference. Buenos Aires, Argentina. April 2017. Birmingham, UK: Ironbridge Institute – Birmingham University.
- Nahachewsky, Andriy, Maryna Chernyavska, Larisa Sembaliuk Cheladyn, (2017) Journey to Canada, Edmonton: Kule Folklore Centre.
- Cheladyn, Larisa Sembaliuk (2016). Larisa Sembaliuk Cheladyn, “Stitched Narratives: The Ukrainian Canadian Embroidered Pillow” master’s thesis, University of Alberta, 2016.
- Cheladyn, Larisa Sembaliuk, (2004) Celebrating Women, Ottawa: NCWC.
- Cheladyn, Larisa Sembaliuk, (1999) Flowers of the Bible, Edmonton: Ecclesia Publishing.
PUBLISHED BOOKS (ILLUSTRATION AND LAYOUT)
- Savedchuk, Lesia (2017), Футболні детективи, Illustrations: Larisa Sembaliuk Cheladyn, Calgary: Iskra Books.
- Nahachewsky, Andriy, Maryna Chernyavska, Larisa Sembaliuk Cheladyn (2017), Journey to Canada, Edmonton: Kule Folklore Centre.
- Onufrijchuk, Roman and Irka Balan (2006), Vasile Avramenko : A Legacy of Ukrainian Dance, Winnipeg: Shevchenko Foundation.
- Prescribed texts for the Junior High Social Studies Curriculum’s in Alberta and Ontario:
- Marcotte, Nancy Sellars, (1993), Ordinary People in Alberta’s Past, Edmonton: Arnold Publishing.
- Galvin, K. (1991), A Quebec Experience, Edmonton: Arnold Publishing.
- Marcotte, Nancy Sellars, (1989), Ordinary People in Canada’s Past, Edmonton: Arnold Publishing
- Supplementary reading for Ukrainian Bilingual Programs in Canada, USA, Australia and the UK. Also, used as supplementary reading for Early Childhood ESL Programs in Ukraine. *Denotes “Canadian best-seller” having sold over 10,000 copies worldwide:
- Gulutsan, Lena Hryhor, Gene Zwozdesky, Larisa Sembaliuk Cheladyn (1980) The Mosquito’s Wedding*, Edmonton: Kazka Productions.
- Gulutsan, Lena Hryhor, Gene Zwozdesky, Larisa Sembaliuk Cheladyn (1982) Snow Folks*, Edmonton: Kazka.
- Gulutsan, Lena Hryhor, Gene Zwozdesky, Larisa Sembaliuk Cheladyn (1987) Spring Serenade*, Edmonton: Kazka.
- Gulutsan, Lena Hryhor, Gene Zwozdesky, Larisa Sembaliuk Cheladyn (1988) The Enchanted Christmas Tree*, Edmonton: Kazka.
- Gulutsan, Lena Hryhor, Gene Zwozdesky, Larisa Sembaliuk Cheladyn (1989) Sing-a-long Treasures, Edmonton: Kazka.
CURATED EXHIBITS, DISPLAYS, AND INSTALLATIONS
- “Embroidered Memories – A 1000 Pillow Project” – Larisa Sembaliuk Cheladyn (Curator), in production, to be unveiled at Oseredok Ukrainian Cultural Centre, Winnipeg, MB – May 2018.
- “Images of Faith, Hope, and Beauty” –Dr. Jelena Pogosjan, Larisa Sembaliuk Cheladyn (Co-curators) – Kule Folklore Centre – Enterprise Square December,2017- January, 2018
- “Five Waves of Inspirations” – Larisa Sembaliuk Cheladyn (Curator) – Calgary Public Library, Alberta Council for the Ukrainian Arts (ACUA) – July, 2017.
- “Five Waves of Inspirations” – Larisa Sembaliuk Cheladyn (Curator) – Art Gallery of Alberta (AGA), Alberta Council for the Ukrainian Arts (ACUA) – May 2017.
- “Lest We Forget…” – Larisa Sembaliuk Cheladyn (Curator) & Iryna Jendjowsky – Ukrainian Canadian Archives and Museum of Alberta, October 2016.
- “Journey to Canada” – Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21, Andriy Nahachewsky, Maryna Chernyavska, Larisa Sembaliuk Cheladyn (Co-curators) – Kule Folklore Centre: Edmonton. July, 2016.
- “Boys & Girls” – Larisa Sembaliuk Cheladyn (illustration & Design). Illustrated adaptation of Alice Munro’s story – exhibited at “Comics Medium in the Museum”, UAlberta Rutherford Library, October 2016.
- “Baba’s Coat” – Larisa Sembaliuk Cheladyn, (Curator). A retrospective of paintings by Peter Shostak. Ukrainian Canadian Archives and Museum of Alberta, Edmonton, AB. (Date pending).
- “Making a New Home” – Andriy Nahachewsky, Maryna Chernyavska, Larisa Sembaliuk Cheladyn (Co-curators) Edmonton: Kule Folklore Centre, 2015.
- “Stitched Narratives” – Anne Bissonette, Larisa Cheladyn, et al. (Co-curators) – HECOL Gallery, University of Alberta, April 2015.
- “What’s New?” – Co-participant – UAlberta Museums and Services, Enterprise Square, April, 2015.
- “Vasile Avramenko: A Legacy of Ukrainian Dance”, eds. Onufrijchuk, Roman and Irka Balan, Larisa Sembaliuk Cheladyn (Layout & Design), Winnipeg: Shevchenko Foundation, 2006.
DIGITAL PUBLICATIONS, PERFORMANCE PROJECTIONS, ANIMATIONS, AND VIDEOS
- 2017- “Like Mother, Like Daughter”, Digital Narrative, Larisa Sembaliuk Cheladyn, http://philome.la/artbylarisa/like-mother-like-daughter/play
- 2015 – “Exploring Sound”, Jazz Piano: John Stetch, Choreography: Anastasia Maywood & Tatiana Cheladyn, Projection Design and Animation: Larisa Sembaliuk Cheladyn. A collaborative exploratory multi-media production sponsored by the University of Alberta and the University of Cape Breton. Edmonton: Art Gallery of Alberta.
- 2013 – “Ukrainian Canadian Visual Artists” Produced and Directed by Larisa Sembaliuk Cheladyn, Edmonton: UCC. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBYrk53WXFM
- 2013 – “Prekracne Malyarstvo”, Featuring the animated painting Privit by Larisa Sembaliuk Cheladyn Edmonton: Veselka Dancers. http://www.veselka.ca/about-us.html
- 2012 – “Bud’mo Cheremosh”. Projection Design and Animation: Larisa Sembaliuk Cheladyn, Choreographer: Mykola Kanavets Technician: Nico Van Der Kley. Edmonton:Meyer Horowitz Theatre.
- 2010 – Cheremosh 40th Anniversary Gala. Projection Design and Animation: Larisa Sembaliuk Cheladyn, Choreographer: Mykola Kanavets, Technician: Nico Van Der Kley. Edmonton: Expo Centre.
- 2009 – “Pioneer Suite” – Viter Ukrainian Dance Ensemble – Co-director and Projection Design: Larisa Sembaliuk Cheladyn, Choreographers: Tasha Orysiuk, Les Sereda, Technician: Nico Van Der Kley. Edmonton: Eva O Howard Theatre.
- 2009 – “Tower of Song” – Celebrating Leonard Cohen a Cohenights production. Projection Design: Larisa Sembaliuk Cheladyn, Music and Lyrics: Leonard Cohen, Choreographers: Joanne Lowry, Maria Chia, Tatiana Cheladyn, Technician: Nico Van Der Kley. Edmonton: Jubilee Auditorium.
- 2008 – “Dance Me…” International Leonard Cohen Festival. A Cohenights production. Artistic Director and Projection Design: Larisa Sembaliuk Cheladyn. Music and Lyrics: Leonard Cohen, Choreographers: Joanne Lowry, Maria Chia, Tatiana Cheladyn,Technician: Nico Van Der Kley. Edmonton: Citadel/Shoctor Theatre.
- 2008 – “Famous Blue Raincoat”. Artistic Director and Projection Design: Larisa Sembaliuk Cheladyn. Music and Lyrics: Leonard Cohen, Choreographers: Joanne Lowry, Maria Chia, Tatiana Cheladyn, Performed by: Jordon Dowler-Coltman, Technician: Nico Van Der Kley. Edmonton: Citadel/Shoctor Theatre. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0l9nCiW-to
SELECTED ART EXHIBITIONS
- 2016 – Poppies & Podushky – Solo Exhibit, Edmonton: ACUA.
- 2013 – “Pouring Paint” – Solo Exhibit – Kings University, Edmonton.
- 2013 – “An Ensemble of Colour” – Group Exhibit of Ukrainian Canadian Artists, Toronto: KUMF.
- 2012 – “A Little Illumination” – Solo Exhibit, Edmonton: UCAMA.
- 2012 – “Flowers of the Bible/Квіти Біблійі”– Lviv, Ukraine: Project Prosvita.
- 2012 – “Prairie Dreamscapes” – Group Exhibition of Alberta Artists, Toronto: KUMF.
- 2010 – “An Ensemble of Colour” – 40th Anniversary commission for the Cheremosh Ukrainian Dance Ensemble. Unveiling of an 8-panel watercolour painting depicting 40 years of dance costuming.
- 2008/09 – “Dance Me…” Feature Artist – Int’l Leonard Cohen Festival – Solo Exhibit, Edmonton, AB
- 2008/09 – “Painting Stories” – Government of Alberta – Historic Sites. A Retrospective exhibition featuring illustrations by Larisa Sembaliuk Cheladyn for Kazka Productions Ltd. that were published in the 1980s.
- 2004/05 – “Celebrating Women”- A solo, 9 city touring exhibit of 25 paintings honouring Canadian women. 10 Canadian cities, touring exhibition of 24 paintings created by Larisa Sembaliuk Cheladyn. Commissioned and hosted by the National Council of Women of Canada.
- 2003 – “Baba’s Garden” Solo, Featured summer exhibition. Ukrainian Village: Alberta Historic Sites.
- 1998-2000 – “Flowers of the Bible”- A solo, 10 city touring exhibit of 25 paintings created by Larisa Sembaliuk Cheladyn. Commissioned by the Flowers of the Bible Society. Hosted by the Ukrainian Women’s Association of Canada in: Victoria, Vancouver, Kelowna, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Regina, Winnipeg, Oakville, Ottawa, and Toronto.
- 1998 – “Kalyna in the Country”, Solo Exhibition, Mundare, AB: Basilian Fathers Museum.
- 1997 – “A Collection of Colours”, Solo Exhibition, Geneva Botanical Gardens, Geneva, Switzerland.
- 1997 – “Blossoms of Colour”, Solo Exhibition, Victoria, BC.
- 1995/96 – “Flowers of the Americas” – A solo, 6 country touring exhibition co-sponsored by World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) and hosted by:
- Oct 1995 – Citadel Theatre – Edmonton, AB.
- Nov 1995 – Toronto Botanical Gardens.
- Dec 1995 – Guayaquil, Ecuador – Museo Municipal de Guayaquil, Bosque Protector Cerro Blanco.
- Jan 1996 – Punta Del Este, Uruguay – World Wildlife Fund (Argentina), Canadian Embassy (Uruguay).
- Feb 1996 – Buenos Aires, Argentina – Villa Ocampo, World Wildlife Fund (Argentina), and Canadian Embassy (Argentina).
- Mar 1996 – Caracas, Venezuela – Grupo Li Gallery, Royal Bank of Canada, and Canadian Embassy (Venezuela)
- May 1996 – Geneva, Switzerland – World Wide Fund for Nature – International, City of Geneva, Geneva Botanical Gardens. Opening remarks by HRH Prince Philip Duke of Edinburgh.
- 1994 – “Festival of Poppies”, Solo Exhibition, Winnipeg: Pantages Theatre.
- 1994 – “Wildflowers”, Solo Exhibition, Edmonton: Walterdale Theatre.
- 1993 – “Festival of Poppies”, Solo Exhibition, Edmonton: Citadel Theatre.
- 1993 – “Edmonton Art Club Annual Exhibit”, Juried Group Exhibition, Edmonton: Edmonton Art Gallery.
- 2017 – University of Alberta – Alumni Recognition of Artistic Achievement – Enterprise Square
- 2010 – University of Alberta – Alumni Honours Award
- 2005 – Global Woman of Vision Award
- 2002 – City of Edmonton Salute to Excellence Arts Achievement Award
- 2017/18 – Kuryliw Scholarship
- 2016 – Gregory & Julie Patrick Award in Ukrainian Culture
- 2015 – Slavic and East European Studies 75 Anniversary MA Scholarship
- 2015 – Gregory & Julie Patrick Award in Ukrainian Culture
- 2015 – Kawulych Ukrainian Folklore Graduate Award
- 2014/15 – 2015/16 – Kuryliw Scholarship
EXHIBITION GRANTS & PROJECT FUNDING
- 2016 – Ukrainian Pioneers Association – $3500 for “Embroidered Memories” catalogue production
- 2016 – Shevchenko Foundation – $10,000 for “Embroidered Memories” exhibit installation
- 2005 – Shevchenko Foundation – $7000 for “Painting Stories – Kazka Retrospective”
- 1997 – Canadian Western Diversification – $150,000 for “Flowers of the Bible” Millennium Exhibition
- 1995 – Sponsorship for “Flowers of the Americas”
- Royal Bank of Canada – Venezuela, Canadian Embassy in Venezuela,
- Canadian Embassy in Argentina, Canadian Embassy in Uruguay,
- World Wildlife Fund – International, Geneva Botanical Gardens, Toronto Botanical Gardens.
- “Ukrainian artist converts ammo boxes to religious icons, shifting death to life”, Fish Griwkowsky, Edmonton: Edmonton Journal. 2017. http://edmontonjournal.com/entertainment/local-arts/ukrainian-artists-converts-ammo-boxes-to-icons-shifting-death-to-life
- “The Four Seasons” Unveiling Pavlychenko Folklorique Ensemble 40th Anniversary Project. Saskatoon: Kontact. 2017. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v84aW-tjF0&authuser=0
- “Five Waves of Inspiration” Toronto: Kontact. 2017
- “The Artist’s Process – ‘An Ensemble of Colour’” Producer/Writer/Director: Gail Currie, Edmonton: KAPOH Productions. 2011. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAKPPJd-tUU
MAJOR COLLECTIONS (SELECTED WORKS)
International: Buckingham Palace (London, England), Canadian Embassy (Caracas, Venezuela), Canadian Embassy (Kyiv, Ukraine), Korean Embassy (Montevideo, Uruguay), Gutzwiller & Sons Banquiers (Basel, Switzerland), Smithsonian Institute (Washington DC, USA), His Beatitude Patriarch Bartholomew (Athens, Greece)
Canadian: Tryzub Ukrainian Dance Ensemble (Calgary), Veselka Ukrainian Dancers (Edmonton), Pavlychenko Folklorique Ensemble (Saskatoon), The Salvation Army Agape Hospice (Calgary), Imperial Oil Canada (Calgary), Shevchenko Foundation (Winnipeg), Cheremosh Ukrainian Dance Ensemble (Edmonton), Edmonton Catholic School Board, Ukrainian Embassy (Ottawa), Carpathia Credit Union (Winnipeg), Cherkawsky Law (Edmonton)
CLOTHING AND TEXTILES
- 2017 – The Four Seasons – A collection of scarves celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the Pavlychenko Folklorique Ensemble in Saskatoon, SK.
- 2016 – Silk scarves – A collection of scarves featuring poppies and wheat.
- 2004 – Silk scarf – Featuring poppy image “National Pride”. Produced by NCWC.
- 2006 – Vinok LaParka – Featuring the image “Vinok”, Manufactured by Linda Lundstrom Inc.
- 2016 – Present – Ukrainian Canadian Archives and Museum of Alberta (UCAMA) – Executive Committee
- 2005 – Present – Friends of the Kule Folklore Centre – Board Member, Currently – Past President
- 2000 – 2010 – Vinok Worldance Folkloric Ensemble – Board Member
- 1995 – 1996 – Alberta Council for the Ukrainian Arts – Board Member
by Larisa Cheladyn
|Watercolor||10.75 × 7 in||SOLD|
by Larisa Cheladyn
|Watercolor||3 × 14.5 in||SOLD|
ARTIST: James Corwin
BIOGRAPHY: James Corwin designs distinct oil paintings through a unique balance of gestural paint techniques and precise detail. Primarily focused on wildlife Corwin aims to engage the viewer through his dynamic compositions that stir emotion.
With an appreciation for both fine detail and contemporary art, Corwin exquisitely marries the two in each painting with detailed subjects and loosely constructed backgrounds often exposing the underpainting and raw canvas.
Corwin gathers inspiration and references from his frequent travels to exotic destinations around the world. A trip to South Africa opened his eyes to threats of poaching on wildlife. Frequent trips back to Africa have allowed James to work directly with conservation efforts and starting the first Rhino Breeding Project.
Corwin has established himself as a widely collected artist at a very young age. His artwork is collected nationally and internationally as he participates in prestigious exhibitions and auctions throughout the year. He is the youngest artist to ever participate in both Dallas Safari Club and Safari Club International in Las Vegas.
Typically he paints 10-12 hours per day, 7 days a week. He also has two studios overlooking the white sandy beaches of Long Island, NY and located in Lakeside, MT overlooking Flathead Lake and the Swan Mountain Range.
By providing utmost quality and innovation in his painting, Corwin creates a sustaining legacy of integrity and loyalty in his art and conservation.
Corwin was born June 24, 1991 in Honolulu, HI.
Corwin was voted 2nd Best Artist of the Flathead 2015.
ARTIST: Charity Dakin
RESIDES: Athabasca, AB
AWARDS AND HONOURS
March 2019 Wildlife Habitat Canada Stamp Competition, 3rd Place
March 2018 Wildlife Habitat Canada Stamp Competition, Fan Favourite
April 2018 Wildlife Habitat Canada Stamp Competition, Runner up
July 2014 BoldBrush International Painting Competition, Finalist
March 2011 BoldBrush intenational Painting Competition, Finalist
June 2011 BoldBrush International Painting Competition, Finalist
2010 Calgary Stampede Western Showcase, Gallery’s Choice Best of Show
SHOWS AND EXHIBITIONS
2015-2021 Masterpieces in Miniature, Sherwood Park, AB
2020 ASBA 23rd Annual International Exhibition (Juried), Wave Hill, Bronx, NY
2014 Night of Artists, Edmonton, AB
2013 Western Artists of America Miniature Show and Sale, Billings, MT
2012 Solo Exhibition – Red Roof Gallery, Athabasca, AB
2010 Calgary Stampede Western Showcase Gallery and Auction
2010 Solo Exhibition – Red Roof Gallery, Athabasca, AB
2004 – 2009 Night of Artists, Edmonton, AB
2004 A Northern Kingdom, Visions of the Peace, Fairview, AB
2004 Harvest of Arts, NAIT, Fairview, AB
NOA Magazine, 2007
Art of the Peace, Spring/Summer 2003/ 2013
Kunamokst, West Coast Mural presented at the 2010 Winter Olympic Games, Vancouver, BC
Le Cadeau Du Cheval, Equine Mural, 2008
Earth’s Treasure Chest, Wildlife Mural, 2006
Buffalo Twins, Centennial Mural presented to Her Royal Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, 2005
Heritage Fiddler Mural, 2004
Manning Community Hospital Mural, 2003
AMEC Earth and Environmental
NAIT, Fairview Campus
St. Albert Ranches
Manning Community Hospital
Alberta/Saskatchewan Centennial Mural
Kunamokst West Coast Mural
Member of the American Society of Botanical Artists (ASBA)
ARTIST: Henri de Groot
RESIDES: Parkland, Alberta
SELECTED HONOUR AND AWARDS:
2004 – Founders Award – Best Portrait of Show, National Open Portrait Exhibition, CIPA
2004 – Best of Show Artist – Calgary Stampede Art Show
2001 – Collectors Choice – Calgary Stampede Art Show
2001 – Artist Choice – Calgary Stampede Art Show
2001 – Best of Show – Western Spirit Art Show, Cheyenne Wyoming
2000 – Best of Show – Calgary Stampede Auction
1999 – Artist Choice – Calgary Stampede Art Show
1999 – Best of Show – Western Spirit Art Show, Cheyenne Wyoming
1998 – Best of Show – Western Spirit Art Show, Cheyenne Wyoming1996 – Artist Choice – Calgary Stampede Art Show
Being one of Canada’s premier portrait artist
De Groot works in graphite and oil to produce beautifully detailed images of people and horses that often convey his sense of humor and reveal a glimpse of a real life cowboy or rancher. De Groot produces his yearly output evenly between colour (oil) and black and white (pencil). Oil lends itself well for landscape scenes to capture the subtle shades and light of nature, while pencil drawings give the portraits depth and old time western feel.
ARTIST: Andrew Denman
RESIDES: Tucson, Arizona
• BFA, Saint Mary’s College of CA. Summa Cum Laude, 2000.
AWARDS & HONORS
•Rose Award, Acknowledging Service and Dedication in Art Education, •Susan Kathleen Black Foundation, 2018.
•President’s Award, Society of Animal Artists 58th Annual Art & the Animal Exhibition for “Totem #5: Stacked Coyotes & Ravens,” 2018
•1st Place for Richeson 75 International Animals, Birds, & Wildlife Art Competition, 2014 & 2015.
•Staff Award, 2013/2014 Art Renewal Center International Salon Competition, 2014.
•Awards Juror for Richeson 75 International Animals, Birds, & Wildlife Art Competition, 2013.
•Bob Kuhn Award, National Museum of Wildlife Art, 2012.
•Lanford Monroe Memorial Artist in Residence, National Museum of Wildlife Art, 2009.
•Don Eckelberry Memorial Scholarship. Society of Animal Artists, 2006.
•Award of Excellence, Society of Animal Artists, 2003, 2004, 2009.
SHOWS & EXHIBITIONS
•Astoria Fine Art. Contemporary Wildlife, Ensemble Exhibition, 2020. Between the Lines, Two-Person Exhibition with Sculptor Don Rambadt, 2019. A Different Animal, Solo Exhibition, 2017. Contemporary Wildlife, Modern Masters, Four-Person Show, 2015. Solo Exhibition 2013, numerous ensemble shows 2011-present.
•Sculpture by the Lakes, Dorset, England, Pattern & Poise, Two Person Exhibition with Simon Gudgeon, 2018. Drawn and other ensemble exhibitions, 2014- present.
•Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum. Conservation Through Art Education, ensemble show, 2020. Puma Past & Present, ensemble show, 2017. Colors of Cabo Pulmo, featured artist, 2018.
•”The Modern Wild” Solo Touring Museum Exhibition. Curated & Directed by David J. Wagner, Ph.D. Lindsay Wildlife Museum, Walnut Creek, CA.
Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, Tucson, AZ. Hiram Blauvelt Art Museum, Oradell, New Jersey. 2015-2016.
•“Western Visions,” National Museum of Wildlife Art, Jackson, WY 2006-2020.
•Society of Animal Artists. “Art & the Animal”: 2003, 2006, 2008-2012, 2014, 2018.
•”Andrew Denman: New Works” Scott McCue Gallery 83, Orinda, CA. Solo Exhibit, 2014.
•”Art for the Animals” J. Willott Gallery, Palm Desert, CA. Featured Artist, 2013.
•”Old World-New World; The Wildlife Art of Andrew Denman & Guy Combes.” Joint Exhibition. Gloucestershire, England, 2012.
•Denman Studios, Orinda, CA. Solo Exhibit 2010.
•Pacific Wildlife Galleries, Lafayette, CA. Solo Exhibits in 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008. Featured artist “Bay Area Wildlife” 2006, numerous ensemble shows-2009.
•Trailside Galleries, Jackson, WY. Artist Showcase, 2008, 2011, numerous ensemble shows-2011.
•“A Natural Inclination: the Art of Andrew Denman.” Solo Exhibition. Lindsay Wildlife Museum, Walnut Creek, CA, 2007.
•Artists for Conservation. “The Art of Conservation”: 2009-2012.
•“Birds in Art,” Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum, Wausau, WI, 2004-2006.
•“American Wildlife Art,” Allentown Art Museum, Allentown, PA, 2013.
•“Art of the Animal Kingdom XIV” Bennignton Center for the Arts, Bennignton, VT, 2009.
•“The Art of Seeing” Oakland Museum of Natural History, Oakland CA, 2003, 3006.
•“American Birds, a Flight through Time” The Wildlife Experience, Parker, CO, 2005.
•Fine Art Today (Fine Art Connoisseur Online Newsletter): The Porcupine & the Mona Lisa, Opinion Piece, August 2019
•Southwest Art: The Drive to Succeed, Feature Article, December 2016
•International Artist: Feature Article, October/November 2016
•Western Art Collector: Taking Flight (Bird Art Feature), September 2016
•Western Art & Architecture: Artist Showcase, October/November 2015
•Fine Art Connoisseur: Preview of The Modern Wild, October 2015
•Big Sky Magazine: Feature Article, Summer 2015
•American Art Collector: Feature Article, July 2013
•International Artist: Feature Article, June/July 2012
•Western Art Collector: Feature Article, April 2010
•The Artist’s Magazine: Feature Articles, August 2005, October 2009
•Southwest Art: Feature Article, April 2006. 21 Under 31, September 2005
•American Artist: Feature Article, October 2004
•Wildlife Art: Cover Feature, November/December 2004
•National Museum of Wildlife Art. Jackson, WY. 2005 & 2008 Acquisitions, 2014 Bequest of Anonymous Trustee.
•Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum. Tucson, AZ. 2013, 2015, & 2017 Aquisitions. 2016 Gift of the Artist.
•Nature in Art Museum. Gloucestershire, England. 2012 Gift of the Artist.
•Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum. Wausau, WI. 2006 Acquisition.
WORKSHOPS, LECTURES, AND SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
•”Creative Conservation” Lecture. Beckman Conservation Research Center, San Diego Wild Animal Park. June, 2018.
•”The Importance of Field Work” Member’s Meeting Lecture. Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, October 2017.
•Regular Art Instructor. Baldwin Art Institute. Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, 2015-Present.
•”The Modern Wild” Lecture. Lindsay Wildlife Museum and Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, September & October 2015.
•”A Conversation with Andrew Denman & Guy Combes” Public Interview with Kathleen Lawrence-Davis. Diablo Fine Art Gallery. August 2015
•Returning Guest Instructor. Susan K. Black Foundation Workshop Dubois, WY. 2007-2014, 2016-2018, 2020.
•“Tortoise Beats Hare; Strategic Marketing in a Down Economy,” Marketing Seminar. Susan K. Black Workshop. September 2012.
•“The Art of Andrew Denman” Lecture. Nature in Art Museum. Gloucestershire, England. August 2012.
•“The Art of Andrew Denman” Lecture. University of California Santa Cruz. 2007.
•“A Natural Inclination” Lecture. Lindsay Wildlife Museum. 2007.
•“Birds of A Feather” Guided tour of Birds in Art. Lindsay Wildlife Museum. 2007.
•Featured Instructor for Acrylic Painting. Susan K. Black Foundation Workshop. 2006.
•“Selling Yourself Without Selling Out,” Marketing Seminar. Susan K. Black Workshop. June 2005.
MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
•Society of Animal Artists. New York, NY. Signature Member. 2002 to Present.
•International Guild of Realism. Scottsdale, AZ. Associate Member. 2005 to 2019.
•Artists for Conservation. Vancouver, Canada. Signature Member. 2003 to 2014.
– Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum. Tucson, AZ, 2013, 2017, and 2018 Acquisitions
– Nature in Art Museum. Gloucester, England. 2012 Gift of the Artist
– Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum. Wausa, WI. 2006 Acquisition.
– National Museum of Wildlife Art. Jackson, WY. 2005 & 2008 Acquisitions.
by Andrew Denman
|Acrylic on Cradled Board||8 × 8 in||$1,597|
ARTIST: Kelly Dodge
Resides: Woodview, ON
Awards & Honors:
2011 Medal of Excellence, Artists for Conservation
2011 Pastel Artists of Canada, Third Place
2010 Medal of Excellence, Artists for Conservation
2010 Wildscape Magazine U.K. First Runner up to Wildlife Artist of the Year
2009 Peterborough County Civic Award of Recognition for “Leadership in Arts and Culture”
2009 Artists for Conservation Flag Expedition Fellowship Award Recipient – Galapagos
2007-2009 Ducks Unlimited Canada National Art Portfolio
2007 Artists for Conservation Flag Expedition, Accompanying Artist, Himalayas, Northern India
2007 Artist of the Year, 3oth Anniversary Peterborough Ducks Unlimited, Peterborough, ON
2007 Artist of the Year, Lakefield Ducks Unlimited 20th Anniversary, Lakefield, ON
The Algonquin Art Centre – June – October 2020
Buckhorn Festival of the Arts – New Regionalism Exhibit – August 2020
Masterpieces in Miniature – PictureThis Gallery – May 2020
The Art of Conservation 2018 – Lanwan Art Museum, Qingdao, China – October – December 2019.
2018 Artists for Conservation Silent Skies Mural Mosaic – 27th International Ornithological Congress, Vancouver Convention Centre, Vancouver, BC
2018 Artists of Kawartha – Group Exhibition – The Lindsay Public Gallery, Lindsay, ON
2017 Society of Animal Artists Great Lakes Regional Show, Charlevoix Circle of the Arts, MI
2008 The Art of Conservation 2008, Artists for Conservation, Hiram Blavelt Art Museum, NJ
2010 The Art of Conservation 2010, Artists for Conservation, Grouse Mountain Resort, N. Vancouver, BC
2011 The Art of Conservation 2011, Artists for Conservation, Grouse Mountain Resort, N. Vancouver, BC
2012 The Art of Conservation 2012, Artists for Conservation, Grouse Mountain Resort, N. Vancouver, BC
2014 The Art of Conservation 2014, Artists for Conservation, Grouse Mountain Resort, Vancouver, BC
2015 The Art of Conservation 2014, Artists for Conservation, Arizona Sonora Desert Museum, Tucson, AZ
2015 The Art of Conservation 2014, Artists for Conservation, Miramar Cultural Center, Miramar, FL
2015 The Art of Conservation 2014, Artists for Conservation, Nova Southeastern University – Alvin Sherman Library, FL
2016 The Art of Conservation 2016, Artists for Conservation, Grouse Mountain, N. Vancouver, BC
2017 The Art of Conservation 2017, Artists for Conservation, VanDusen Botanical Garden, Vancouver, BC
2017 The Art of Conservation 2016, Artists for Conservation, Arizona Sonora Desert Museum, Tucson, AZ
2017 The Art of Conservation 2016 Tour, Artists for Conservation, Qingdao Lan Wan Art Gallery, Qingdao City, China
2018 The Art of Conservation 2018, Artists for Conservation, Vancouver Convention Center, Vancouver, BC
2018 The Art of Conservation 2018, Artists for Conservation, Arizona Sonora Desert Museum, Tucson, AZ
2018 AFC Silent Skies Mural Mosaic, 27th Int’l Ornithological Congress, Vancouver Convention Centre, Vancouver, BC
2001 – 2018 Buckhorn Fine Art Festival, Buckhorn, ON
2009 – 2011 Science Art – Nature, American Association for the Advancement of Science Art, Stanford University, WA, DC
2011 Society of Animal Artists, 51st Art and the Animal, Dennos Museum Center, MI
2012 Society of Animal Artists, 51st Art and the Animal, Peninsula Fine Art Centre, Newport News, VA,
2012 Society of Animal Artists, 51st Art and the Animal, Appleton Museum of Art, Ocala, FL
2008 Northeast National Pastel Exhibition, Pastel Society of America, The Arts Guild of Old Forge, Old Forge, NY
2011 Purely Pastel, Pastel Artists of Canada, Neilson Park Creative Center, Etobicoke, ON
2004 – 2007 Southeastern Wildlife Exposition, Charleston, SC
2005 – 2006 – Richard James Gallery Invitational Exhibition – Rick Mitchell, Charleston, SC
2004 – 2006 Waterfowl Festival, Easton, ML
2004 Cold Blood Creations Invitational by Carel Brest Van Kempen, Daytona Beach, FL
2005 Una Exposicion Para La Promocion y Conservacion, Gallery Centro Peru and Norteamericano, Arequipa, Peru
2002 Bennington Center for the Arts, Impressions of New England, Bennington, VT
2002 Bennington Center for the Arts, Art of the Human Spirit, Bennington, VT
2003 Bennington Center for the Arts, Art for the Animal Kingdom VIII, Bennington, VT
2005 Bennington Center for the Arts, Small Works, Bennington, VT
2007 Bennington Center for the Arts, Art for the Animal Kingdom XII, Bennington, VT
2007 Artistic Designs Gallery, Brownsburg, IN
2007 Plantation Wildlife Festival, Thomasville, GA
2004 CNIB Annual Eyes on the Arts Charity Auction, National Gallery of Canada, Ottawa, ON
2004 Friends of the Rainforest – The Rainforest Foundation UK, London, England
2002 – 2003 Natur’Art – Biodome de Montreal, Montreal, QC
2001 Pastel Artists Canada, Members Show, Alliance Francaise, Ottawa, ON
2012 Robison and Richard Fine Art Gallery, Charleston, SC
2010 Galapagos – Forty Days and Forty Nights, The Lindsay Public Gallery, LIndsay, ON
2009 My Backyard and Beyond, Gallery on the Lake, Buckhorn, ON
2006 All Things Bright and Beautiful, The Lindsay Public Gallery, Lindsay, ON
2005 Tyndale University and Seminary, North York, ON
2004 Right Side Gallery, Penetanguishene, ON
2004 Wildlife Art Magazine, Editorial – Artists of Note
2008 My Painting is Finished. Now What do I do with it? Susan Seery-Lester
2009 Creaturesall Magazine, Cover and Article
2009 Wildscape Magazine, UK, Feature Article
2010 Wildscape Magazine, UK, Canadian Spotlight Anniversary Edition
2010 Wildscape Magazine, UK, Feature Article, Galapagos
2010 The Art of Conservation 2010, Expedition Chapter, Published by AFC
2011 Galapagos Conservancy Calendar
2011 Wildscape Magazine, UK, Feature Article
2012 Arabella Magazine, Artist to Collect, Feature article by Michael Dumas
2008, 2010-2012, 2014, 2016 -2018 The Art of Conservation Exhibition Hardcover
2017 Reptiles and Amphibians in Contemporary Art, E. Ashley Rooney, Published by Schiffer
2016 Millennium Alliance for Humanity and Biosphere (MAHB), Stanford University
2010 Galapagos Expedition Flag Journal, Collectors Edition of 100, Published by AFC
2018 Artists of Kawartha, Andrea Hello
The Gallery of Nature – 2021 1st Edition – Regional Artists Inspired by Robert Bateman – Bateman Foundation Calendar – Legacy Project
The Art of Nature – Independent Culture 2022 – Regional Art Collection Calendar
‘The Gallery of Nature’ ; a collection of works by some of the most skilled painters in Canada. These projects showcase established house-hold name artists, along side young and mid-career painters, providing a continuity that spans three generations. While fostering a greater awareness of the importance of independent culture – upon which both free-expression and Social Commentary depend – we seek to develop a new economic model for artists, to ensure that the ‘Eyes of Society’ can continue to share with the world what they see.
This project will be distributed from coast to coast in Canada, from coast to coast and border to border in the United States, providing unparalleled exposure for the featured artists, and some additional income to boot. These projects are also a vehicle to tell the almost forgotten story of Regional Art – an ‘art for the people’ that is rapidly disappearing from the ‘official’ history. Artists include: Nancy Howe, Derek Wicks, Daniel St-Amont, Alan Bateman, Michael Dumas, Chris Bacon, Terry Isaac, Kelly Dodge, David Ward, Brent Townsend, Julia Rogers and Robert Bateman.
Signature (Juried) Memberships
Artists For Conservation, Signature member 2001 –
Pastel Artists of Canada, Signature Member 2011 –
Society of Animal Artists, Signature member 2004 –
Pastel Society of Canada, Signature Member 2003 –
Pastel Society of America, Signature Member 2003-
by Kelly Dodge
|Oil on Birch||7.5 × 6 in||$1,397|
by Kelly Dodge
|Oil on Birch||3 × 6 in||SOLD|
ARTIST: Michael Dumas
RESIDES: Lakehurst, Ontario
AWARDS AND HONORS:
-Dual Category Award – ARC International Salon 2017
-Best Sketchbook – Plein Air Salon Dec-Jan 2017
-Award of Excellence – National Oil & Acrylic Painters Society 2016
-SAA President’s Artistic Achievement Award 2016
-Designated as a Marquis Who’s Who Lifetime Achiever 2016
-Dual Category Award – ARC International Art Salon Competition 2016
-Plein Air Magazine bi-monthly competition: Feb-March 2015 Best Still Life
-Plein Air Magazine bi-monthly competition: Dec-Jan 2015 Best Overall Oil: Shown in the May 2015 issue of Plein Air Magazine
-Plein Air Magazine bi-monthly competition: Oct-Nov 2014 Best Nocturne
-ARC International Salon Competition 2014: Dual Category Award
-AFC Festival 2014 – 2 Medals of Excellence
-ATIM’s Top 60 Masters of Contemporary Art 2014: Chosen for 2nd consecutive year by Art Tour International Magazine
– Best of Show: Richeson 75 International Art Competition – Animals, Birds, and Wildlife 2013
– Long Point Waterfowl Association Artist of the Year, 2013
– Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters Artist of the Year, 2013
– 1st Place – A Singular Creation International Art Competition (nature category), 2013
– 1st Place – Artavita International Art Competition (painting category), 2012
– 1st Place – The Artist’s Magazine Annual Art Competition (wildlife category), 2012
– Artists for Conservation Medal of Excellence, 2012
– Decree of Excellence in Art, IBI, Cambridge, 2006
-Master Palette Award, Masterworks in Miniature – Gallery One, USA, 2005
-Pathway to Fame, City of Peterborough, Inducted 2004
-Order of Biographical Excellence, International Biographical Institute,Cambridge, England, 2002
-Twentieth Century Achievement Award, American Biographical Institute, 2000
-Artist of the Year, Ontario Federation of Anglers & Hunters, 1993 / 1998
-International ‘Flyway’ Artist, Ducks Unlimited International, 1992
-Wildlife Habitat Canada, *First Winner by Competition, 1990
-Wildlife Conservation Award, Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources, 1987
*First artist to win this award.
-Professional Conservationist Award, Carling – O’Keefe, 1986 *First artist to win this award.
-Waterfowl Art Award, Ducks Unlimited Canada,1983 – 1984
-Apprentice to master artist Lewis Parker, Lazare & Parker Studio, Toronto,Ontario, 1971 – 1972
-Humber College of Art & Technology, Toronto, Ontario, Graduated – 1970,
Post-graduate Studies – 1971
-Art Instruction Schools, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Completed Studies – 1968
-Biology Studies: Cornell University, Laboratory of Ornithology, Ithaca, New York, Completed Studies – 1984
SHOWS AND EXHIBITIONS:
- 2017 ARC International Touring Exhibition – Salmagundi Club / NYC, and MEAM (European Museum Modern Art), Barcelona, Spain.
- 2016-17 AFC International Touring Exhibition – Grouse Mountain, Vancouver / Arizona Desert Museum USA / Qingdao Lan Wan Art Gallery, Qingdao City, China.
- 2016-17 SAA American Touring Exhibition: Houston Museum of Natural History / Hiram Bleauvelt Art Museum / Sternberg Museum of Natural History / Museum of the Shenandoah Valley.
- 2016 Western Visions Exhibition: National Museum of Wildlife Art, Jackson, Wyoming.
- 2016 Birds in Art Exhibition / Woodson Art Museum, Wausau, Wisconsin
‘Sparrow’s Rest’ by Michael Dumas was the recipient of the Dual Category Award. It is also selected for international exhibition, opening at the Salmagundi Club in New York City from May 12 -June 1, 2017. The exhibit will then be on view at the MEAM, the European Museum of Modern Art, in Barcelona, Spain from Sept. 23 – Nov 27. ‘Sparrow’s Rest’ was also selected for exhibition at the National Museum of Wildlife Art, Jackson, Wyoming Sept 7 – Oct 9, 2016.
Michael’s painting, ‘Innocence’ has been selected for the SAA exhibition tour and will be on display at The Hiram Bleauvelt Art Museum in Oradell, NJ, January 21 – March 12, 2017; Sternberg Museum of Natural History, Fort Hays University, Hays, Kansas, March 25 – May 12, 2017; Museum of the Shenandoah Valley, Winchester, Virginia, May 27 – Sept 3, 2017.
Two Dumas artworks have been accepted into the 2016 AFC International Exhibit of Nature in Art; ‘Innocence’ appears in the online virtual exhibition, and ‘Fox Sparrow Study’ for both the virtual and the live exhibit opening at the Grouse Mountain Resort, Vancouver, BC, Canada, September 29 – Oct 3, 2016. ‘Fox Sparrow Study’ is part of the exhibit tour, first to the Arizona Desert Museum, Tucson, AZ, Dec 10 – Feb 12, 2016, and then to Qingdao Lan Wan Art Gallery, Qingdado City, China, Aug 1 – Sept 30, 2017.
-Algonquin Art Centre – Algonquin Park, Ontario 2014
-Birds in Art 2014 – Woodson Art Museum – Wausau, Wisconsin
-Buckingham Fine Art, ‘The Fine Art of Michael Dumas’, **Solo Exhibition, Uxbridge, Ontario, 2003 – 2004
-Arai Gallery, ‘Michael Dumas – Expressions of Nature’, **Solo Exhibition, Tokyo, Japan, Annual show 2000 – 2004
-Mitsukoshi Gallery, ‘Michael Dumas – Expressions of Nature’, **Solo Exhibition, Sendai, Japan, 2003 – 2004
-Algonquin Gallery, ‘Wildlife Art in the Park’, **Group Exhibition, Algonquin Park, Ontario, 2002
-Mitsukoshi – Shinjuku Gallery, ‘Michael Dumas – Paintings and Drawings’,*Solo Exhibition’, Tokyo, Japan, Annual show 1994 through 2001
-Takamura Museum of Art, ‘Michael Dumas – Profile’, *Solo Exhibition, LakeYamanakako, Japan, 2000
-Wild Bird Society of Japan – Exhibition Gallery, ‘Michael Dumas – Bird Paintings’, *Solo Exhibition, Sendai, Japan, 1999
-Spanierman Gallery, ‘Natural Habitat’ – Contemporary Wildlife Artists of North America. **Group Exhibition, New York, NY, USA, 1998
– Disney World – Animal Kingdom, Society of Animal Artists ‘Art and the Animal **Group Exhibition, Disney World, Florida, USA, 1998
-The McMichael Canadian Collection, ‘Canadian Endangered Species’, *Solo Exhibition, Kleinberg, Ontario, 1981
-The Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural National Historic Site, Buffalo, New York, ‘Michael Dumas -Wildlife’, *Solo Exhibit
Plein Air Magazine/ April-May issue 2017 /’Plein Air Events’ – Jan-Feb Winners Western Art Collector / September issue 2016 / Group article ‘Breaking Trail’
Dumas Artwork is included in two new book releases by North Light Books ; ‘Strokes of Genius 8’ – The Best of Drawing and ‘Art Journey: Animals’ – A Collection of Inspiring Contemporary Masterworks.
Western Art Collector Magazine – Sept 2016 issue: Group Exhibition Article: ‘Breaking Trail’ – Western Visions at the National Wildlife Art Museum.
– International Contemporary Masters Vol 6
– Strokes of Genius 3: The Best Drawing
– The Artist’s Magazine / Article on Field Drawing / Nov. 2012 issue
– Southwest Art magazine / Article: Wild at Art / March 2013 issues
-The International Register of Profiles, and Outstanding People of the 20th/21st Century, published by the International Biographical Institute,Cambridge, England.
-Elected Life Fellow of the International Biographical Institute, Cambridge,England. Inducted 2000.
ARTIST: Jonn Einerssen
RESIDES: British Columbia, Canada
MUSEUMS: King of Yemen
ART SHOWS AND EXHIBITS: Many shows with the Western Lights Artist group all over North America
Arts & Antique Magazine
Cabo Life Magazine
Who’s who in North America
PUBLISHER: Western Lights Artist Group
by Jonn Einerssen
|Oil||12 × 12 in||$797|
ARTIST: Rod Frederick
BFA minor in Biology from Willamette University
2017 Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife – Upland Bird Stamp – Blue Grouse
2013 Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife – Habitat Stamp – Print with Kit Fox
First-ever Featured Artist at the prestigious Pacific Rim Wildlife Art Show.
He’s hiked and camped in mountains and forests throughout the northwest U.S., Central America and East Africa. He knows the lakes and mountains as well as he knows the plains and deserts, not to mention almost all the creatures who live there, from the smallest bird to the largest elephant. And he will paint them on whatever size canvas suits them best. In addition to his peaceful views of animals in their natural habitats, he is also known for his paintings’ many different sizes and shapes—each chosen to best suit his perfectly balanced images of wildlife and wilderness.
Masterpieces in Miniature Invitational Art Show 2006, 2007, 2010, 2012
PUBLISHER: Greenwich Workshop